What is freelancing ?
Freelancing is a contract-based work where instead of being recruited as a full time employee, the person uses his skills and experience to provide services to a number of clients.
In straight forward terms, Freelancing is the point at which you utilize your abilities, training, and experience to work with different customers and take on different assignments without focusing on a solitary boss. The quantity of assignments or errands that you can bring just comes down to your capacity to convey on them as asked from them.
Freelancing typically includes employments (called gigs) that enable you to telecommute circumstances. Yet, don’t relate freelancing as equivalent to having a work-from-home occupation.
freelancing doesn’t constantly imply that you’ll telecommute. You may need to work at your customer’s office also relying on the kind of work and the customer’s necessities.
A work from home occupation includes an agreement among you and a solitary business who gives you a compensation while freelancing doesn’t.
It is only that a significant number of the occupations that consultants perform can be conveyed over the Internet without their quality at the organization or customers place.
Who Is A Freelancer?
A specialist or independent laborer is an independently employed individual who wins cash by giving administrations to different customers. These administrations identify with the individual’s abilities and are not really given to simply organizations.
Consultants either utilize outsider stages like Fiverr, 99designs, and so forth to get business or utilize their system to get more business and give administrations to their customers legitimately.
In any case, is it a decent decision for a vocation? Would you be able to continue an extravagant life while outsourcing? How would you start with outsourcing occupations?
All things considered, when 11 percent of the working grown-up populace in the United States is working fundamentally as full-time consultants, there must be something great about this industry.
How do i get started on freelancing ?
Let’s keep all side, We will talk about only about the freelancing sites and freelancers in those site.
There are many freelancing sites and some of the popular one are:
- Simply Hired
- The Creative Group
- Writer Access
The business policies of all the freelancing sites are different (few may have). All have different strategy but with a same motive – To connect freelancers and employer.
In this way the freelancers can get a lot of $$$$ more than working in a company as a employee. And employers also get their work done in low cost than going to the company/thirdparty.
To get started you should have any kind of skills (literally any). Let’s see some skills you need to do freelancing:
– Do you have programming skills ? Great ! may be freelancing is made for you.
– Do you have designing skills? Great ! you will get a lot of work
– Do you ever get a compliment about your voice ? Be a voice over freelancer artist.
– Do you can sing ? of course yes, you can do freelancing !
– Do you can play guitar ? yes yes yes
– Do you have some awesome English skills ? You are awesome
– Do you have drawing/sketching skill?
– Do you have a lot of free time to work as a virtual assistant ?
– Do you have amazing writing skills ?
– Can you do typing ?
– video editing skills ?
– 3D animations – high paid with low competition
– data entry
– Networking skills
– Data visualization
– Can you give awesome advises ? yes! a lot of people need that
– Can you handle online stores like: ebay/amazon?
– You can do literally Anything in freelancing site, Visit fiverr.com and see the gigs of other peoples.
How can you know without giving a try ?
You can go any of the sites and signup as a freelancer/seller.
STOP ! Do not start Bidding immediately
So what to do?
1. Give your profile a makeover
2. Add every skills you have
3. You should add your own smiling profile picture
4. Analyze the site. What kinds of jobs/projects are being posted, How others are writing proposals, which profiles are getting awarded because of what, no. of bidders.
5. Always try to find projects with low no. of bidders
6. Don’t write the estimated project budget high, instead your first priority should be getting good reviews even if you have to do the project for free.
7. Always ensure the authenticity of the project and employer (See their past activities and see whether they deposited the amount or not)
8. Always discuss about the project before getting started
9. Ask your employer to create /pay in milestone
10. Always work hard and submit best results before delivery date/time.
11. Don’t forget to tell about your other skills and ask for their valuable feedback (Don’t ask like: plzzz give me good reviews).
12. Always ensure your employer that you will fix bugs or errors later or give support in the work you done.
13. Note that there are scam projects also: Read How to know the project is scam or not?
I will write some killer blogs that will help to get your first project easily. I will show how to write a killer proposal and the bidding techniques.
Stay connected 🙂